Page 7 of 9
Death of a river guide
- Reese, Jennifer, 2001, As I lay drowning, The New York Times, April
- Badami, Sunil, 2017, 'Flanagan goes one better with a web of fiction', The Weekend Australian Review, October 7-8.
Gould's book of fish
- Banville, John, 2002, 'On fatal shore' The New York Review of Books, September
- Clark, Alex, 2002, 'In the hands of madmen', The Guardian, June.
The Narrow Road to the Deep North
- Cartwright, Justin, 2015, 'The Narrow road to the deep north - beauty, bathos, and brilliance in equal measure', The Guardian, April.
- Charles, Ron, 2014, 'The Narrow road to the deep north', The Washington Post, August.
- Gorra, Michael, 2014, 'Bridge to nowhere' The New York Times: Sunday Book Review
The Sound of one hand clapping
- Sonenberg, Nina, 2000, 'The Sound of one clapping' The New York Times, April
The Unknown terrorist
- Conrad, Peter, 2007, 'Days of thunder erupt down under' in The Guardian, April
- Charles, Ron, 2009, 'Ron Charles on 'Wanting,' by Richard Flanagan', The Washington Post, May
- Foden, Giles, 2009, Wanting, The Guardian, September
And what do you do Mr. Gable? New and collected essays (2015)
- May, Luke, 2011, 'And What do you do, Mr. Gable?' Readings, September